.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Saturday, September 29, 2007

USA - Corning Fluoride Latest

Corning Fluoride Latest
Ted Fioraliso
September 28, 2007
10:15 p.m.
On Thursday, Kirk Huttleston presented the Corning City Council a petition signed by over 400 people against fluoridating the city's water.
The petition actually calls for a charter amendment -- stripping the city council and water department of their authority to adjust the levels of fluoride in the water.Huttleston says after 15 months, he's excited to be done with his part.
“I"m very excited that council's accepted it, and now we get to find out what's next,” he said. Corning Mayor Frank Coccho said, “I've learned it's a very emotional issue, with many people, and I understand that. And I believe the opponents and proponents of fluoride are evenly balanced from what I've heard. Possibly we'll get that chance -- I don't think in 2007, but in 2008."
The petition will now go to the city's attorney for review. He'll then make recommendations to the board on what to do next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home