.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Check the Sugar in Toothpaste

Check the Sugar in Toothpaste
Posted on: Wednesday, 20 August 2008, 00:00 CDT
With reference to the article Mass medication back with fluoride (The Sentinel, August 14).
You then ask the question should fluoride be added to the water? Of course the answer is absolutely not. Fluoride is a highly toxic substance and is not needed at all in our water toothpaste or anything else we might use to clean our teeth or digest.
What is actually needed is better control of our manufactured food and not allowing our children to stuff their faces with bag after bag of sweets, cakes or sweet fizzy drinks.
I have very good teeth, not because I have used fluoride, but because I wasn't allowed too many sweet and sticky things while growing up.
I was allowed some sweets, but I had to brush my teeth with non- fluoridated toothpaste afterwards.
This is taking away our right to have clean unadulterated water.
You can get fluoridated toothpaste you can use, but personally I don't touch it at all. I use natural toothpaste, not mass-produced products that are advertised on TV.
Also check the toothpaste you are using hasn't got a lot of sugar added to make it more palatable.
I believe the answer is to make sure that pre-packed products don't have too much sugar in them.
Give children boundaries on how much sweet stuff they can eat and drink and stick to it, and make sure they clean their teeth after eating sweets and after every meal or at least two times a day, especially before they go to bed.
Also, can someone answer me a simple question? Why are dentists allegedly supporting this? Surely they are shooting themselves in the foot by backing this. If we have perfect, strong teeth, we won't need them anymore, will we?
ANN BEIRNE Wolstanton
(c) 2008 Sentinel, The (Stoke-on-Trent UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home