.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Sunday, July 19, 2009

UK - Who decides on chemicals in milk?

Who decides on chemicals in milk?
Published Date: 17 July 2009
I WAS shocked when I received a letter from the junior school my daughter will be attending in September. She has always had school milk and the letter asked if I wanted her to have milk with fluoride in or without?
I could not believe schools are allowed to give a child chemicals to drink.
On reading the Sheffield schools website, it seems 40 schools have opted to have this in their school and you can have semi-skimmed without or full fat with fluoride.
Tt has put me off letting my daughter have milk at school in case she has the wrong one (I wanted her to have full fat, as she is by no means overweight and she has a healthy diet).
How can schools be allowed to do this? Is it not the school's responsibility to educate children about the importance of looking after their teeth and shouldn't parents, as they are their child's advocate, make sure they eat less sweets, drink less fizzy pop and brush their teeth correctly?
I mentioned this to a helper at school who said it was about choice – but where is the child's choice?
It's the parents' choice which is being sought.
In my opinion fluoride is a chemical, and we already have it in toothpaste and in some area's water supply.
It makes me angry and upset and I would like to know who agrees to these things.
Name and address supplied

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home