.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

UK Against Fluoridation

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Behind the Barn with Farmer John

Dear Farmer John, Looking for the Green Tomato Bread recipe you printed a few years ago, we really liked it but I lost my copy. I would appreciate a copy of this recipe if you still have it. Thank you. Also the fertilizer recipe you printed is known to me as Aunt Kate’s Fertilizer. It has been in our family for four generations, for saltpeter, potassium nitrate, you can substitute muirate of potash that I purchase at Green Valley Co-op in Cambridge, 342 Steubenville Ave.; or call 439-1338. I buy the four pound bag.

Gunpowder uses saltpeter as one of its components, therefore, it is a controlled substance. It took me several years to find the muirate of potash, as a substitute, I use many gallons each year of the fertilizer. Also additives chlorine and fluoride are the reason you can’t use tap water to start or root plants in water.

Chlorine evaporates in 10 to 12 hours if left uncovered but fluoride stays forever and causes vegetation to rot. Rain water works well.

Thank you RS of Byesville

Dear RS, Thank you so much for all the information and the reader’s explanation of fluoride and chlorine explains more reasons not to use tap water when trying to grow plants from sweet potatoes and why not to use tap water with these whenever you want to root plants. The substitute is great for readers unable to find saltpeter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home